The New Ripley A.F.
Basic Specification to all build Kit
- Frame w/ Fox Float Performance DPS Shock w/ Evol sleeve
- Fox Float Performance 34 | 15QRx110 - 130mm (29er)
- Ibis S35 29" alloy wheelset
Maintaining Metal Momentum
The Ripley AF is our beloved, category defying, short travel, singletrack scorching Ripley - rendered in aluminium and with a touch more aggressive geometry. All the sizzle and pop of the carbon Ripley is now available as a complete bike at a global pandemic-induced recession and wallet friendly, sub sek38k price.
This bike is a multi-talented shapeshifter; a light, snappy, fast, fun, incredibly versatile bike that can get a whole heckuvalot more rad than its 120mm travel and gossamer weight implies. And making it out of aluminium only broadens the Ripley’s already broad appeal. It still rips like a Ripley. But it also costs a whole lot less than the carbon version, and is, well, more metal.
We already played up the whole “metal” theme when we introduced the Ripmo AF last year. Since this is a lighter, nimbler bike than the burly Ripmo AF, it would be easy to call it “Metal Lite”. However, the Ripley AF is too awesome, and too versatile, to get pigeonholed like that. Choose your own adventure, the Ripley AF is ready to go.
Here’s what you get:
Contemporary Geometry, Telepathic Handling
A trail-friendly 65.5-degree head angle (that’s a degree slacker than the carbon version) and short (44mm) offset 130mm fork combined with 29” wheels makes for a super planted but still playful, precise but still nimble front end feel. Meanwhile, a 76-degree seat angle puts your power directly to the pedals, and the short chainstays and pedal-friendly DW-link kinematics deliver that power without squandering a single watt.
DW Link Suspension
Our 15 years of collaboration with Dave Weagle has yielded unparalleled climbing efficiency and tractability. Incredible snap and responsiveness. And a whole mess of plush, chunder-eating, downhill crushing goodness. All wrapped up together in the best suspension you’ll find anywhere. It’s that good.
A Whole Mess of Other Good Things
Price point accessibility is no reason to skimp on the details. So, in order to quell your concerns while still respecting your wallet, we’ve sweated the details to the fullest of our capabilities. Boost spacing. Threaded BB and ISCG 05 compatibility. 2.6” tire clearance. Post-mount rear brake, 203mm rotor clearance. Super low standover, long-dropper friendly design. Ultra-swank moulded rubber downtube and chainstay protectors that ensure silent shredding. Seven-year frame warranty and lifetime bushing replacement. Metric 190x45mm shock, and room inside the front triangle for a water bottle. Cha-ching!
• 29” Wheels
• 130mm front travel
• 120mm dw-link rear travel
• 2.6” tire clearance
• Aluminium front and rear triangle
• Available in four sizes S-XL, fits riders between 5’ and 6’6
• Frame weight of 7.45 lbs. with shock
• Available with Fox Performance DPS shock
• Complete builds starting at 30.5 lbs / 13.04 KG
• Threaded BB (73mm BSA)
• ISCG 05 compatible with removable adapter
• 44mm fork offset
• Steep 76 degree seat tube angle
• Bottle cage mount inside front triangle
• Size M-XL compatible with 170mm+ droppers, 125-150mm for smalls
• Moulded rubber swing arm protectors
• IGUS bushings in lower link, bearings in upper link
• Metric 190 x 45 shock
• Post mount rear brake
• 203mm max rotor size
• 1x specific design
• Boost spacing
• Seven year frame warranty
• Lifetime replacement on bushings