A whole new sport demands a whole new bike. Built from the ground up to deliver a new level of smooth, fast and durable performance, the full-carbon Oso features Ibis first-ever upper-link suspension dw-link platform. It stacks 155mm of rear travel with 170mm up front and is powered by a Bosch Performance Line CX Motor.
Surrounding that motor, we designed a frame that would allow riders of all sizes to feel equally comfortable. Sizes large and extra-large feature 444mm chainstays and matching 29-inch wheels, while the small and medium get a mixed-wheel setup and shorter, 439mm stays. The effective seat angle is also size-specific, ranging from 77 degrees on the small up to 79 degrees on the extra large, which offers a consistent ride experience across all sizes. We also adjusted the reach and stack height to match our existing models, so the Oso fits and rides like an Ibis. And all frames have a 64-degree head angle. Because enduro.
Our patented dw-link suspension offers an unfair combination of traction and efficiency. And this dw-link was tailor-made to satisfy the complicated demands made by full power eMTBs. We tuned it to be more progressive than anything we have ever made. Thanks to the upper link’s buttery initial leverage rate and riot-ready late-stroke progressivity, the Oso is the perfect platform for a coil shock. Rear travel can be bumped up to 170mm by swapping the 205 x 60mm rear shock to a 205 x 65mm. You can also lift the fork travel up to 180 or 190mm. We’ll even let you run a dual crown. In both configurations, the Oso is stable yet responsive, mimicking the experience of the do-absolutely-anything Ripmo. Except, now with a motor.
The quiet, powerful 85 NM Bosch Performance motor offers the most natural-feeling acceleration since the invention of gravity. It is also the most dependable motor on the market, with a 25,000- mile design life. The motor is paired with a UL certified 750Wh battery (625Wh on small), so you can keep riding, and riding, and riding. On top of that, you get Bosch’s 2-year warranty, a global network of dealers, and excellent customer service. Along with the industry leading durability of the Bosch motor, our suspension linkages are in a class of their own - even in the most challenging conditions. That’s why Ibis offer a lifetime bushing replacement warranty. The oversized bearings, tube-in-tube cable routing, built-in-fenders, and easy-to-remove battery make this bike easy to service.
The frame features countless other perks, like a seven-year warranty, 2.5-inch tire clearance, a UDH hanger, trusted 148mm rear spacing, deep seatpost insertion, and room for a 26oz in-triangle bottle on the medium, large and extra-large and a 21oz on the small. Other subtle touches catering to the Oso’s unapologetic e-bike-ness are its 200mm rear caliper mount, robust frame and motor protection, and cleanly integrated lights from boutique German bulbsmiths, Lupine.
The rest of the components bolted to the Oso were chosen specifically to keep this beast firmly in the reins. A Fox 38 and X2 shock, XT 4-piston brakes, 220mm rotors, and Double-Down-casing Maxxis tires, seated on our Blackbird Send alloy rims. We are keeping it simple and sticking just to that one build kit. Because, like the Oso itself, it is made of the stuff that Ibis staffers and founders wanted to ride. A thousand decisions, each with the goal of building the most fun and capable adventure machine possible.
• 170mm front travel
• 155mm dw-link rear travel
• Carbon front triangle and rear swingarm
• Available in four sizes S-XL
• Size specific chainstays (S/M 439mm, L/XL 444mm)
• S/M: Mixed 29/27.5 | L/XL: 29/29
• Size specific seat tube angles (S/M/L/XL = 77/77/78/79)
• Complete weight for a size large is 53 lbs / 24 kg
• 2.5” tire clearance
• Complete builds retail for SEK 109 990 including delivery.
• Bosch Smart System (motor, battery, display, controller)
• 750 Wh battery
• 85Nm of torque, eMTB and Tour+ modes, navigation, optional security and ABS systems • Small: Bosch Gen4 Motor & 625 Wh battery
• Stock rear travel is 155mm with 205x60mm Trunnion shock
• Optional 170mm rear travel with 205x65mm Trunnion shock
• Compatible with Fox DHX2 coil shock • Max fork travel is 190mm
• Dual crown approved
• Ultra trick in-frame molded cable tunnels
• Fully integrated lighting system with internal wire routing
• Fits a 26oz bottle with side loading cage inside front triangle (M/L/XL)
• Fits a 22oz bottle with side loading case inside front triangle on size small
• Post mount 200mm rear brake
• 220 max rear rotor
• Boost 148 Dropout Spacing
• SRAM UDH
• Polycarbonate downtube and motor protectors, molded rubber swing arm protectors
• Adjustable chainguide
• 44mm fork offset
• Seven year frame warranty, lifetime replacement on bushings
• Two year electronics warranty through Bosch
|Fork||Fox Performance Series, Float 38, 170mm, 44mm offset, 29", 110x15mm|
|Shock||Fox Performance Elite Series, X2, 205x60mm|
|Motor||Bosch Performance Line CX|
|Wheels||Blackbird Send I/ Send II, Aluminium, Ibis Hubs, SM-MD: F - 29”/R - 27.5”, LG-XL: F/R - 29”|
|Tires||Front: Maxxis Assegai, 29x2.5", 3C Maxxgrip, Double Down, TR, WT; Rear: Maxxis Aggressor, 29x2.5", 3C Maxxgrip, Double Down, TR, WT
Size SM–MD comes with a 27.5x2.5" rear tire.
|Brakes||Shimano XT M8120, 4 piston|
|Brake Rotors||Shimano SM-RT66, 220mm|
|Cranks||SRAM GX, 34t Steel Ring|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle Transmission|
|Shift Levers||SRAM GX Eagle Transmission|
|Cassette||SRAM XG 1275 10-52 Transmission|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle Transmission|
|Chain Guide||Ibis Top Guide|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40 ZS44/ZS56|
|Grips||Lizard Skin Charger Evo|
|Handlebar||Blackbird Carbon Hi Fi, 800mm|
S/M: 40mm, L/XL: 50mm
|Seatpost||Bike Yoke Revive Dropper
S: 125mm, M: 160mm, L: 185mm, XL: 213mm. Note there is a 250lb rider weight limit on this post.
|Saddle||SDG Bel-Air, V3|